This week we talked about the parable of the Sower and the Soils. Each of us goes through times when our faith is shallow; or when the distractions of life seem to squeeze God out; or when we’ve just been trod over so often we don’t want to let anyone in, not even God. But God never gives up on us. God keeps casting out grace and inviting us to become good soil.
This week, take some time to go deeper. Set aside some time to reflect and invite God to work in your soul.
Texts to read:
- Luke 8:5-15
Questions to ponder:
- What kind of soil are you this week?
- If your roots feel shallow, how can you sink deeper into God’s word?
- If things are rocky, what distractions do you need to hand over to God?
- If you feel trod over, what friends can refresh you and soften your heart?
- If you are good, what fruit is God trying to bring forth through you?
Do and share:
- Find soil that reflects your soul this week. Hold it in your hands and ask God to be at work in you.
- Take a picture that represents where you are on your spiritual journey right now. Share it to our Facebook with the #jesusstory