“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in his joy, he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.
This week we talked about the parable of the Hidden Treasure and the Pearl of Great Price. These are stories of discoveries that disrupt normal daily life and priorities; they
require risk and sacrifice. [hear sermon audio]
This week, take some time to go deeper. Set aside some time to reflect and discern where your top priorities lie.
Texts to read:
- Matthew 6: 19-21
Questions to ponder:
- What takes up most of your waking time during the week?
- What do you think about first thing in the morning? Last in the evening?
- How would your life change if you made God a higher priority?
Do and share:
- Go through your weekly calendar. If you have free time, reflect on how are you spending it. Make a plan to offer 1 extra hour to God.
- Go through your weekly budget. If you have discretionary money, reflect on how are you spending it. Make a plan to offer an extra $7 dollars to God.
- Take a picture during your devotion time and share it to our Facebook with the #jesusstory