Image: Gathering to Build the Tabernacle by Yoram Raanan
O give thanks to the Lord, call on his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples.
Sing to him, sing praises to him,
tell of all his wonderful works.
1 Chronicles 16:8-9
For millennia, people traveled the world without Google Maps or even physical maps as we know them. Wayfinding refers to a class of ancient arts that allowed our ancestors to navigate seemingly impossible expanses. Today, when we find ourselves disoriented or unsure where God is leading next, we too can pause, assess and read the signs to find our own way forward. We begin by remembering all God has brought us through to reach this point. [hear sermon audio]
This week, take some time to go deeper. Use these scriptures and questions to reflect on where God is leading you.
Texts to read:
Questions to ponder:
- Describe a time God carried you through a situation.
- How did you celebrate that victory?
- How have you seen God at work through DPUMC (or your faith community)?
Do and share:
- Write a thank-you note to God for the way God has been active in your life or church.
- Make a video testimony of something God has done for you and share it on our Facebook or tweet @dpumc with #Wayfinding