image: Detail from Sistine Chapel
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
that I know very well.
-Psalm 139: 14
We all carry weights like doubt, shame, and grief. These can get in the way of our relationship with God and with one another. But in Christ’s resurrection, we are all made new creations. We have only to set down the burdens we carry and step into the life God has for us. Psalm 139 reminds us that we are beloved creations of God. Nothing we do or believe we are could ever separate us from God. [hear sermon audio]
This week, take some time to go deeper. Use these scriptures and questions to reflect in your devotion time.
Texts to read:
Questions to ponder:
- How do you understand the difference between guilt and shame?
- How is guilt helpful in teachings how to live?
- Why is shame unhelpful?
- What shame do you need to release to God?
Do and share:
- Find art images that depict shame. Journal about what you see in them. Are their similarities? What in the images you chose resonates with you?
- Share your prayer request on Facebook or Twitter (@dpumc).