Read the story of Jesus and Zacchaeus in Luke 19:1-10
Big things begin from small seeds. A tax collector can be reformed by dinner. A small group of women in a church basement can become a mission organization with worldwide outreach. You may see your gifts as small, but in them God sees great opportunity.
Remember a time when you offered a small kindness that was received as a great blessing.
What actions have had ripple effects in your faith community?
What big work would you like to see accomplished? What small step might begin it?
- Set aside 30 days to pray for discernment about where God is leading you now.
- Read “Maid” by Stephanie Land
- Volunteer 10 hours with an organization that works directly with poor or marginalized persons
- Commit a year to learning about a broken circumstance in the world (poverty, immigration, polarization, etc)
- Start a small group to focus on a single issue. Study together, pool money, and offer service together.