Every Easter we come to the story of the resurrection, and hopefully, we hear it again anew. This is our central story, the one that makes us who we are as Christian people. In the account of the resurrection, we discover that not only are we saved from death, but we are saved for a life of abundance. We are saved for more than we could ever imagine. [hear sermon audio]
Devotion time is crucial to your growth in faith. Here are some resources for yours this week:
- How does each account of the resurrection differ?
- What might be most important to each writer?
- Why is the resurrection important to your life? How do you live differently because of it?
- Bring Life:Look around your life and community. What is dead or struggling and in need of new life? Does a garden need to be planted? Do people need to be fed? Does a relationship need to be restored? Make a simple plan and take the first step this week.
- Many poems have been written about the resurrection. Find one and share it to our Facebook group or on Twitter and Instagram (tag us @dpumc).